Re-Make It! Upcycle Design Play - Saturday, April 13th • 9:30-4:40
Ready to hit the refresh button on your closet?!
Come create an arty new look from 3 tee shirts: a collage sweater or spring tunic. Here is a session full of innovative recycle ideas for working the details and creating new garments from those pieces just to nice to let go of. As a pattern designer and artist, Diane will share unique ways to address shape and fit as you cut to redesign, add new buttons and combine your favorite pieces with an artistic eye. Bring your garment, sewing box and join us for a full day of fun and transformation!
What to Bring:
• 1-5 Garments to cut up & remake: tee shirt knits and woven can be combined.
• At least one printed knit tee to cut for trim. You may have a collection: like 3 striped linen shirts. trims, zippers or buttons you’d like to use. If you are driving, feel free to bring more garments to get ideas for future projects. You might start a second piece in class.
• Sewing pins & saftey pins (for ‘basting’),
• Basic sewing kit & scissors (I have some in the studio to share if you are flying),
• 3-5 Images (maybe a sewing pattern) you want to inspire your ReMake direction.